Can I resend the welcome e-mail for a teacher? (for school admin only)
Can I resend the welcome e-mail for a teacher?
It is not possible to resend the e-mail for the teacher but you can either:
1) Check the date the e-mail was sent so the teacher can check their inbox/junk
2) Delete the teacher and recreate their user account
3) The teacher can use the 'Lost password' facility to force a reset password e-mail
1) Locating the date to check when the original e-mail was sent
- Look under ‘Groups & Users’ then ‘Manage Teachers’, you should be able to see the teacher listed.
- Click on the blue arrow under ‘More’ to see the date they were added.
- This is when the welcome e-mail would have been sent.
- Please ask the teacher to check their e-mails on this date and look in the Junk/Spam folder if nothing is showing in the ‘Inbox’.
If the teacher is not showing under ‘Manage Teachers’ then check under ‘Archived Teachers’ and restore.
2) Permanently delete the teacher account and recreateYou can force the e-mail again by permanently deleting the teacher account and recreating them. To do this:
- Go to ‘Groups & Users’ then ‘Manage Teacher
- Locate the teacher
- Click on the blue arrow under ‘More’ to expand the setting
- Select the delete option (bin icon)
- Change the option from ‘Archive’ to ‘Permanently delete’
- Choose a teacher to assign her students to (you can transfer them back afterwards
- Click 'Ok'
Once the teacher has been permanently deleted the e-mail will become available for re-use.
You may need to add ‘email@example.com’ to your safe senders list.
3) Force a password reset
Go to the school's log in page and choose 'Forgotten password' to force a reset password.
This will take you to the reset page and then the login page for the school - bookmark the 'Welcome' screen.
Full instructions for resetting the password can be found here.
Forgotten Password - Administrator/Teacher
To reset your password if you are an administrator or teacher Go to the sign in page for your school At the sign in screen, instead of entering any details click on ‘password’ under the sign in box You will be prompted ‘You are in the right place if ...
Adding a New Teacher Individually
VIDEO: How to add Teachers individually: Adding a new Teacher to a school account: A school account allows you, the Administrator, to add multiple Teachers who can then manage their own Groups of Students. To set up a Teacher profile You will need ...
Temporary Access to a Teacher Account
To gain temporary access to a teacher account – for example to amend/update the e-mail address Sign into the program as the Administrator Select ‘Groups & Users’ Select ‘Manage Teachers’ Locate the teacher and click on the ‘More’ arrow Select the ...
Why have I received an e-mail saying that one or more of my students need attention?
What does this message mean? Occasionally, a student isn't able to achieve the 85% accuracy pass mark in the 'end of unit test' in Supershark, (automatic progression). To maintain motivation, after a maximum of 4 cycles of 6 games they are still ...
TEACHER Start-up guide
Step 1: Log in to Wordshark Online Click on the link provided in your welcome email or copy and paste the unique URL into a web browser – Google Chrome / Safari is recommended. Enter your email as your username - as shown in the email. Once you have ...
Still need help?
We will get back to you as soon as we can.