Error Messages: User Doesn't Exist / User Credentials Incorrect
User Doesn't Exist
user doesn't exist' message will happen where the username/e-mail is not recognised for the school.
This can happen because:
- the user details were entered incorrectly
- the user has been archived
- you are trying to access an incorrect account: this can happen where the unique URL/web address has been entered into the search bar instead of the address bar at the very top of the browser page. This will bring up the most often accessed school which may not be your own. Always check that the login page shows the correct school details after 'Welcome'
- Rarely, it can occur if the whole domain onwordshark.com has not been whitelisted for all users.
- Rarely, it can occur due to corrupted data. It is worth clearing cache and history to ensure that the device is not loading corrupted data and remove any saved passwords for the program. Also clearing the bookmarks/shortcut icons for Wordshark On Line and recreating will make sure the machine is loading fresh pages.
User Credentials Incorrect
A ‘user credentials incorrect’ message usually happens where the password entered does not match the one within the program.
This can happen because:
- the browser has been set to save passwords and it has saved an earlier one that is no longer valid
- mistyping the password at set up
The easiest way to resolve this...
remove any saved passwords, clear cache & reset the password:
- Pupils will need to enter their username and press 'Go' - an e-mail will be sent to their teacher to help
- Admins/Teachers will receive a reset password e-mail
User roles & permissions
Administrator Teacher Student Liaise with Wordshark re the account -details of email address to be kept safe Only 1 per school address X X Edit school details and settings Yes X X Add / Edit Groups Yes Yes X Archive Groups Yes only your own ...
When entering user details keeps returning to login page
This can happen for a variety of reasons: Chrome: on first use, or after clearing cache, the enter button on the keyboard isn’t accepted. You need to use the ‘Go’ button Internet Explorer: this is not compatible with Wordshark Online and is not ...
Why have I received an e-mail saying that one or more of my students need attention?
What does this message mean? Occasionally, a student isn't able to achieve the 85% accuracy pass mark in a list in Supershark, (automatic progression) but to maintain motivation they are automatically moved on when they have reached the maximum cycle ...
FAQs on Admin Setup
Do all Groups and Students need to be added immediately on setup? Do I need to add the names of groups and lists of students immediately on set up ... this is information I would have to gather, and I have not yet talked to teachers about this ...
February 15th, 2024 (Sprint 72 and 73) Added The ability to replay completed set work Changed Order of set work for all users Wording change to 'Student Progress' information Fixed A few bug fixes and minor improvements February 14th, 2024 (Sprint ...
Still need help?
We will get back to you as soon as we can.