Internet Filters (AKA 'whitelisting')
How do you know that there's an issue?
- Internet filters set up on computers can cause a few issues:
- Error messages saying that the page is restricted
- Wordshark/games failing to load normally/at all
- Email filters may block Wordshark emails from reaching the 'Wordshark Administrator'. These are important program-generated e-mails, for example ‘forgotten passwords, or messages about students needing help
What you need to do (usually an IT person will do this)
- Allow access via school computers/other devices to https://onwordshark.com
- The Help Centre (you are currently viewing that is also accessible from the ? to the right of the top menu bar), should also be whitelisted. The link for this is: https://wolhelp.wordshark.co.uk/portal/en/kb/wol
- In order to receive all emails from Wordshark Online (product-generated, not sales/marketing), it is also recommended to add ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ to the safe senders list.
What is 'whitelisting'? Sometimes security settings/restrictions may have been set up within the school that are blocking Wordshark Online i.e. firewall (antivirus) trying to protect the school from viruses and potentially inappropriate content on the web. The IT support within the school, or external IT support will normally know what these restrictions are and be able to address them to 'whitelist' Wordshark and allow students and staff to access Wordshark.
Wordshark Online Minimum requirements
Wordshark Online needs: Robust high speed broadband/fibre connectivity A browser: Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari: For Windows we recommend Chrome For Mac and iPad we recommend Safari 8 inch Minimum Screen size 1024 x 768 or higher resolution *For ...
When entering user details keeps returning to login page
This can happen for a variety of reasons: Chrome: on first use, or after clearing cache, the enter button on the keyboard isn’t accepted. You need to use the ‘Go’ button Internet Explorer: this is not compatible with Wordshark Online and is not ...
How do students login to Wordshark?
Students can use Wordshark using Chrome (including Chromebooks), Edge, Firefox, and Safari. To make sure your computer and browser are ready to run Wordshark: Check Wordshark System Requirements Check your internet connectivity requirements ...
Games Issues and Blank Screens
Games are slow to load, fail to load or freeze Normally the game screen will appear blank on first launch followed with a filling shark to show loading. However, if the games freeze during play, the launch screen remains blank or the shark continues ...
Using Wordshark Online with Zoom / Microsoft Teams
Using Zoom Sharing the screen - Zoom help centre. Handing over mouse control - Zoom help centre. 1 person at a time logged into Wordshark For the best experience only one computer/device should have the Wordshark program open at a time. This is ...
Still need help?
We will get back to you as soon as we can.